So much for retirement, right? For Tamika Catchings, she only has one speed: GO!
Since playing in the final game of her professional basketball career, the four-time Olympian has kept a full plate. Did you expect anything different?
She has traveled with her husband, Parnell. She served as a game analyst for women’s college basketball on the SEC Network. She took over as the owner of her favorite tea shop, Tea’s Me Indy Cafe. And this month, she stayed on with Pacers Sports & Entertainment in an official capacity … on top of running her foundation, Catch the Stars.
Catchings is the newest member of the front office down at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Her official title is the “Director of Player Programs and Franchise Development.” Which will fit nicely on a business card.
This role includes, but is not limited to:
- aid with structure and implementation of player development programs, player relations and community outreach
- help teams build chemistry and continuity among players
- assist each franchise in recruiting free agents
- help with leadership development and professional skills for all players
- work one-on-one with individual players on speaking and presentation skills, and the development of athlete foundations or other business interests
This is a grand-slam hire for Rick Fuson and Pacers Sports & Entertainment.
Subscribe to the Pacers Podcast on iTunes.
- Her adventures since retiring.
- Being an analyst for the SEC Network.
- Purchasing Tea’s Me.
- Her role in staying on at PS&E.