Nate Taylor is a fresh voice now covering the Indiana Pacers. His first day with the Indianapolis Star was in September at Pacers training camp.
Taylor, a graduate of the University of Central Missouri, previously was a do-it-all journalist for the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. He is married and has an infant son, Hayden.
This week on the Vigilant Sports Pacers Podcast, I talk with Taylor, who offers a fresh perspective on the Pacers with the 2015-16 season halfway over.
The Pacers are 22-19, on pace to finish with a 44-18 record, good for seventh in the Eastern Conference.
- Nate’s passion for journalism and reporting
- His impressions of the organization
- How the team’s November success may have been a bad thing
- His interview with Pacers President Larry Bird
- Picking one: Small ball or a traditional lineup
- How the Pacers have squandered at least six lossees
- The rookies, Myles Turner and Joe Young, earning playing time
- Paul George’s season and his preference for a traditional lineup
- Lack of leadership on the team